RSS

Two Months, Two Days...

In two months and two days we head to the Philippines on a Missions Trip with our church. We are going with about 20 other people, most adults but some teenagers. We leave June 6th and get back June 18th.

Broadway has supported a missionary for years whose ministry is in the Philippines. He came and spoke a few years ago and I immediately felt drawn towards his ministry and the people of the Philippines. So I was super excited to hear that our church was planning a mission’s trip there. Steven and I jumped right on board!

It’s only two months away and I feel so unprepared. The only other time I’ve been out of the US before was a youth group missions trip to Mexico my senior year of high school. And the funny thing is I wasn’t nervous at all for that one. On staff we had a family who spoke Spanish and had lived in Spain (or Peru or somewhere) for years so they knew the Mexican culture. So they were able to prepare us on everything. We received notes and suggestions from the missionary in the Philippines but I still feel nervous and unprepared. Everything will be fine though, I just have to relax. The Lord is in control! He knows what I need and will provide it for me.

We will be in the city of Manila. It is the biggest city by far in that area. There are over 1.5 million people in the city and over 10.5 million people surrounding it. HOLY COW! I wonder if it will feel claustrophobic. It is an island. Hmmmm.

Well, I thought I would share some pictures I found on the internet so you can get a feel of where we are going. Thanks for your prayers!



5 comments:

Jen said...

i CAN NOT wait for this trip. we have been on a lot of mission trips and have never had any problems so hopefully this one will be the same. i love that last picture you posted. there are like 8000 people on one tiny island. what do they do at high tide...or during hurricane season?

Dionna said...

Holy cow - that last one is amazing. That is where you are going? Pray for no tsunamis! HA
You will have an amazing experience that will forever impact your heart.

SPARKY said...

i'm sooooo jealous. trust me. you will be so changed and challenged. i would do anything to take your place. i hope some day to see the ministry over there.
i expect a full report on this blog upon your return:O)

Always around said...

And you're jealous 'cuz I got to go to coyote ugly!?!? I think what you are about to do is amazing. I will be keeping you all in my prayers.

Angela said...

Sounds like it will be an amazing missions trip! I really wish Garrett and I were going. But, we will be praying for you who are. :)