RSS

Race to Robie Creek


Our good friend, Justin, ran in the half marathon 'Race to Robie Creek' last Saturday. I guess its one of the toughest half marathon's in the northwest. It's a little over 13 miles and over half of it is straight uphill. I went and watched with his wife. Besides the freezing cold temps and the chill to your bone wind, it was a fun day.

This is a pretty crazy race. For some reason it has a Scottish theme to it. So everyone wears kilts or plaid shirts. There was a bag pipe band and a 'braveheart' lady on a horse. It was all pretty funny. But the thing that I just can't get passed was all the beer!

Along the thirteen mile run there are booths along the way for the runners to stop and grab a shot of liquor or shove down a mug of beer. ARE YOU INSANE?! During a marathon?! Who would be crazy enough to drink while you running thirteen miles UP HILL?!

Ummm...EVERYONE!!! At the finish line they had all the free beer you could drink too. I couldn't believe how many people were drinking after running that kind of a race. Give me water any day. I seriously don't know what those people were thinking. Well, yes I do, FREE! It was all free so get as much as you can, right? Gosh. I would like to see what they looked like the day after running all that way and drinking all that alcohol.

Anyway...overall Kristen and I had a fun time gabbing and people watching. She is very competitive and got a little frustrated that her husband could do it, and she didn't even try. So...she is pumped and ready to do it next year. She wants me to do it with her. Yeah right! I would die. I ran a 400 yard race in high school. That was plenty and too much all at the same time!!! I'll stick to running on treadmills and drinking my water thank you!

3 comments:

Angela said...

Yeah, that race is intense. My dad ran it about 5 years ago. I can't believe it about the beer during and right after the race...I always thought that water was the way to go too! haha.

Dionna said...

That's crazy! I didn't know about the beer....

SPARKY said...

MAn, i know so many of those crazies that ran that race sat! crazy, that's all i can say. i ain't never had a runners high, just runners dry heaving!