RSS

My Sweet, Sweet Husband...

Friday night I got home from work and was hanging out waiting for Steven to get home from hanging out with a friend. When he got home he came over to me and was hiding something in his coat. He pulled it out...it was season 2 of 'Friends'! Yeah! (My best friend and I have been trading off collecting all the Friends seasons. It all started when she got me season 9 for my birthday. She had never watched any episodes before so after I finished the season I gave it to her and she watched them. She got hooked! So then she bought season 10 and then I bought season 8, and so on and so forth. We've been trading off and been having a blast sharing 'our show' together. We only have seasons 3, 4, and 5 left to buy!) I was so excited because we just finished season 6 and we were both bummed we had no new shows to watch. What a sweetie! He knows just what I like!

I thought it was over, that was nice enough right?! Well he then reached in his coat pocket again and handed me a brochure. It was for a photography class and the money to go towards it! How cool is that?! I'm so excited! There are so many to choose from and I can't wait to start! And since he works on Saturdays and I usually have NOTHING to do, what a perfect opportunity! I teared up. How thoughtful of him!


Well I was a little confused because we really don't have the money for anything like that right now. It was CAR WARS a couple weeks ago which means he worked A LOT! Well usually on any normal Saturday his bosses do what are called 'Spiffs.' This is when you as a car salesman get say $20 for setting up an appointment with a potential customer to talk about buying a car. They don't actually have to purchase the car, you just have to meet with them about it. And the more appointments you make, the more $20 bills you make! Well I asked him if they got any 'Spiffs' during CAR WARS. He said no, which I thought was odd because it was their biggest event. But I didn't think much of it. Well it turns out that they did get $10 Spiffs and he was hiding it from me so he could surprise me with those gifts. Isn't he just the best?!

Thanks so much honey for my very thoughtful gifts for no reason. I love you so much!

5 comments:

Life As I Know It said...

He sounds like a keeper to me! ;O)
I have all 10 seasons of Friends and I LOVE them! Scott and I watch it every night in bed. It is my favorite sitcom. I'm glad you are getting more. Let me know if you ever need to borrow the ones you don't have.

Jen said...

awww steven. what a sweet guy. isn't it nice when they surprise you with stuff.

Angela said...

That was so sweet of him! What a great surprise! I bet you are excited for the photography classes, that should be a lot of fun!

Kimberly said...

How cool! You are doing so great with your photography. It's awesome when husbands notice something you love and are in support of it.

SPARKY said...

darling. those are the moments we love em best. no reason, no occassion, just sweetness and thoughtfulness just because
lucky girl