RSS

Slumdog Millionarie



Steven and I had a free ticket to Edwards (and we are trying to go to the movies as much as we can before the baby comes) so we went and watched Slumdog Millionaire last night. The movie is about this boy who grows up in the slums and eventually finds himself on India's 'Who Wants to be a Millionaire' show. AMAZING movie! So moving and inspirational but I think the reason I liked it best is how much it reminded me of our time in the Philippines. The slums in India were so much like the slums in the Philippines. I can't stop thinking about it now. How much we would love to go back to the Philippines or even to India. My heart aches for the kids who have to live in such horrible conditions and I feel almost disgusted at myself for the things I have compared to them. If you have the chance to go see this movie, you won't regret it. I think it will be in the cheap theaters soon.
I wanted to post some pictures from our Philippines Missions Trip that reminded me of the movie and India.


3 comments:

Angela said...

Wow, what moving pictures. When you go somewhere like it I think it sticks with you forever.
We definitely are planning on seeing Slumdog Millionaire. Thanks for the recomendation!

Jen said...

i'm glad you saw it and are recommending it. we try to stay away from R movies simply becuase they are usually a waste of time and money but it won so many awards that i have been itching to hear some reviews on it.

your pictures brought back a lot of memories. what a great trip.

SPARKY said...

glad you gave a review. i was wondering if this movie was fine to see. so i'm guessing you recommend it? it's appropriate and everything?
can't wait to see it myself