RSS

8 Weeks and Counting!

I'm 32 weeks today! Eight more weeks until we get to meet our little baby Trey!

Everyone keeps telling us how fast its going by. But not for us! I swear time stands still sometimes. We are so excited to meet him that its just making time tick by slowly. I've never counted my life in weeks and days before...it makes everything go by slow!

Now that I'm in my eighth month I'm beginning to feel a little uncomfortable. Sitting at a desk all day is hard, my back hurts and my legs start to swell. I try to remember to get up every hour and walk around a bit. But I get busy and forget. I'm starting to get braxton hicks contractions which don't hurt at all but when I get them I get very very out of breath so that's a bit annoying. I'm not sleeping much. I never thought sleeping only on one side would be such a hassle, but it certainly is. I'm waking up more and more and wake up earlier and earlier each morning and stay awake. I thought I was supposed to get all my rest BEFORE the baby comes. But its just not happening. I guess God is preparing me! And oh boy my little boy is an active little boy! Most days my right side is physically sore from all his kicks and jabs. I have nothing to compare it to, but I feel like he is more active than most. Is that sign of whats to come?!

But really, I can't complain. God has truly blessed me with a GREAT pregnancy! I had very little morning sickness, very little lack of energy, the baby has been very healthy and happy, I absolutely love the miracle of life growing inside me, and I have been surrounded by friends and family who are just super excited for us and have made everything so much easier. I could totally do the pregnancy thing three more times :)

I'm getting very anxious to set up the baby's room and get everything organized. We have the tiniest closet in our bedroom so Steven uses the closet in the guest bedroom/office which will be the baby's room. It was a bit of a disaster so I've spent the last few weeks cleaning it out and getting everything organized. We don't have an office space anymore or a guest bed but we'll make do. Steven's dad bought us a beautiful crib and we were able to get that set up last week. It's amazing how much space it takes up! I just can't wait to get the mattress and the bedding and some of the other decor up so it looks like a real baby's room. So fun! Just a week and a half until my baby shower. I'm super excited!

Here's me at 32 weeks!



6 comments:

Dionna said...

It will be here before you know it!
Hang in there.

Did the church find someone to replace you? I take it you will stay home full time??

Jen said...

i haven't seen you in awhile. you popped out a bit:o) it's so much fun to get everything ready for the little one. the last few weeks are the worst but you'll forget about all of it when he gets here.

Sue said...

I agree with Jen, you'll forget about it as soon as the baby is in your arms! Enjoy it! :-)

Angela said...

I am sure time is ticking slowly for you, but to me it does seem to be going by so quickly! :)
How fun to set up the baby's room! Your baby shower will be lots of fun too!

Kimberly said...

You look great! :)

Ethics Autos said...

You're a cute prego!