RSS

A little heartbeat...


We had our second appointment yesterday. It wasn't a real fun one. Lots of tests. BUT we got to listen to the baby's heartbeat. It was so cool! It's amazing that you can hear this tiny little heart through all of that stomach! It really is a true miracle!

The baby's heartbeat was very strong and pretty fast. Our doctor is convinced the baby is a girl. Now Steven's a little more convinced. But me, well I still have a gut feeling the baby is a boy. I guess there is a fifty/fifty chance huh?! But we will be happy with whatever miracle God gives us.


We had our second ultrasound scheduled for four weeks from today but we had to change it to the second when in January. Bummer! But we had to since it wouldn't make any sense for the cost of the ultrasound to go to our deductable in 2008 when 2008 is almost over. So we opted to wait and do it in 2009. That means I have to wait seven weeks! Man oh man! How am I going to wait that long?! I think it will help if I start feeling the baby move between now and then. But if not, it will be torture to wait!


Seven more weeks...seven more weeks...seven more weeks...

5 comments:

Jen said...

how fun! isn't it amazing to be able to hear that. i know it seems like a long time but seven weeks will fly by. you'll be able to see that baby in no time.

Angela said...

That is so exciting! It will be fun to find out what sex the baby is. Hope the 7 weeks flies by for you!

Kimberly said...

Oh, I feel for you. It's sooo hard to wait.

Traci said...

Isn't it amazing how we now count our lives by weeks and days? :) I have to wait until January for my next ultrasound too so I am hoping the time flies by as well!

Anonymous said...

and that seven weeks will fly by. believe me, it seems like just yesterday i was holding a brand newborn babe and today he turns 3!

hearing that heartbeat never gets old. that is the best sound! just wait until you feel the kicks and sommersaults. it is so cool and truly a miracle.