RSS

She's Flown the Coop!


Well it's official, my baby sister, Michelle, is on her way to Germany! I dropped her off this morning. She'll be gone for 6 weeks. That may not seem like a long time to the rest of you, but it sure is to me! I'm so used to going out to lunch with her or spending time on Saturday's together, or seeing her and her boyfriend at Home Teams. It will be hard without her...but I'm totally excited for her!

She will be flying into San Francisco, then from there she'll be flying to London, and then Berlin. And then she'll take a train to her final destination, Liechnburg (I have no idea if that's right). She will be rooming with a local college guy. Yes! A guy! She had no control over that, and in Europe they don't think twice about rooming them with a member of the opposite sex. So that will make it very interesting. She'll be taking three classes, all German. I didn't realize how fluent she was in the German language until she had a whole conversation with someone at a party who was from Germany. She amazes me!

She is going to learn lots and get to see lots. I'm so excited for her and can't wait to see lots of pictures and hear all the details! I love you Michelle! Have Fun!!!

4 comments:

sharon said...

just call me and you can come hang out with us.

Angela said...

Sounds like it will be a great trip for her!

Kimberly said...

So awesome. I wonder what your parents thought about the whole guy roommate thing? I wonder what her boyfriend thought?

Jen said...

she is brave to go over there alone. i hope she has fun.