RSS

Pie-O!


Yup! This is me, Mrs. Home Maker! My first attempt at making pies, ALL BY MYSELF! I made them with my mom when I was little. And just recently I had her show me again. How come they look so much prettier when I make them with her? She didn't even help me last time, and they still turned out perfect! But when I make them without her at all, they don't turn out nearly as good. Hmmm, I guess I'll have to practice more. I made the pies for our Small Group Christmas party last night. Vanilla Cream & Cherry. Everyone said they tasted good, so I guess that's all that counts right?

I am enjoying being able to cook more now that I'm a stay at home mom. I NEVER meal planned or made cookies/bread/goodies. It's nice to be able to do that now. Of course there is a bad side to it all, the weight! Although, I won't have to worry about that until I'm done nursing. Nursing sheds the pounds like no other! I wish I could nurse for the rest of my life, I'd be able to eat whatever I wanted!

On another note, Trey is CRAWLING everywhere now! We can no longer keep stray items on the floor, they all find their way into his two hands and into his little mouth. But oh boy, it is all so much fun! He is pulling himself up on EVERYTHING now. I don't think it'll be too long before he walks. Steven's Uncle walked at 8 months. Can you imagine?! I don't think he'll walk that early, and I'm glad. I'm not ready for THAT yet!

Trey was being very naughty this morning while eating breakfast (he is not a big fan of fruits, he LOVES veggies, but I have to force him to eat his fruits, isn't that weird?) and I was thinking about how we are definitely all born with a sinful nature. It's amazing to think that by instinct even a 7 month old is sinful. What would it be like to live in the perfect world that God intended? Can't wait to find out someday.

1 comments:

Angela said...

They look delicious! I wish I was that good of a homemaker! :)