RSS

Home at Last

My brother is home! He is an Army Ranger and has been overseas for the last four months. Because he is an Army Ranger which is special operations we have been unable to know where he is or what he is doing. Which makes it very hard to talk about anything interesting with him. There are only so many times you can ask him how the weather or food over there is. In fact, we got word while he was over there that he received some sort of medal but we could not know why because then we would know what he was doing. It's all been very surreal and worrying.

But his wife got a call yesterday saying that her husband was coming home. So at 3:00 am this morning he was back in the U.S. safe and sound. I can just imagine the reunion between my brother and his wife, Carly. What a sweet time. And below is a picture that Carly snapped with her phone when my brother saw their daughter Nicole. Just breaks my heart.



I am so proud of my brother and the things he has done for our country. And I am also proud of Carly and Nicole for living without their husband and father for four months. It must be so hard.

I'm so glad you are back home safe Chris. I love you!

3 comments:

Angela said...

What joyous news to recieve that he is coming home! Glad he is now back safe and sound.
It has to be so hard for his wife...I am sure they treasure the time he is home so much.

Five Star Life said...

Tell him thank you so much from our family. Thank him for sacrificing for me and my children. That picture makes me cry. I'm so glad he is home.

Anonymous said...

That's awesome news! I don't even know him and it got me all teary. What a sweet reunion. I am so thankful for the people that serve our country. We are such a blessed nation. Thanks for sharing Alisha and thank you Chris for serving our country!