RSS

4th of July Fun in the Sun

We had so much fun for Indepence Day! Thankfully I had it off, and it's Steven's regular day off so we got to spend it together and with our friends.

Our day started with getting to sleep in together. Since Steven works Saturday we never get to sleep in together so it was so nice! We slept until 10:00 am, it was awesome!

Then we floated the Boise River with Justin and Kristen (along with half of Boise). The water was absolutely freezing but it was nice since it was pretty hot outside.

We floated down to Ann Morrison, which is where they were having a 'big' fire work show later that night. Since we got there so early we got an amazing spot and set up for a little BBQ action! Then our friends Andy and Brittany met us there and we had yummy hamburgers and hotdogs. Us girls played a lot of UNO (something I never get to do since Steven hates card and board games).

Really it was all passing the time until we were ready to pick up my sister, Michelle, from the airport. She had been in Germany for six weeks which really isn't that long but it sure seemed forever! So, me, Kristen and Brittany all went to pick her up. She was so tired but so happy to be home and see all of us.

Now you would think flying all the way from Germany would make you want to go home and fall in bed, but not my sis! She loves the 4th of July so she was totally game on coming back with us for the fireworks. So we played another game of UNO and then snuggled in for the fireworks.

The fireworks were pretty cool, and we were right under them so that part was awesome but if you want to see some REAL fireworks go to Idaho Falls next year. They have the biggest firework show west of the missippi. That's where I grew up and because of that I am a spoiled brat when it comes to other firework shows. If you caught the grand finale of the Boise show, then you can have a good idea of what the entire show in Idaho Falls is. There are tons of fireworks going off all the time. The coolest shapes and colors. An hour show all timed to music and the grand finale will blow your socks off! Next year the 4th of July is on a Saturday which I have been waiting for since I left Idaho Falls five years ago. So I'll be able to drive down and see the best firework show west of the missippi!

So, it was a great relaxing day and it was so nice to spend it with the people I love!

6 comments:

Angela said...

Souds like a really great 4th! Glad your sister is back! Can't wait to see you guys!

Rich Smith said...

Mrs. Beverly,
thank you for the pic of your husband with his shirt off......
I have heard of the fireworks in
I F but I also heard that they are not going to be as good next year because they are getting to expensive... not sure if that is true or not. Glad to hear that you all got to sleep in since I know how much you guys love doing that!

Barry Hughes said...

That's cool. I like the Silver City post too. I've never been there and I'd like to go too. I hear you can only get there in the summer.

Our Ministry said...

Looks like fun.

SPARKY said...

great pics girlfriend. glad it was so fun for you!!!!

Michelle Hutchison said...

Thank you for the FABULOUS pictures of me. You're the BEST! But mostly thanks for picking me up and making me my beautiful sign! You rock!