RSS

4 to Spend Eternity in Heaven



I lead a small group at Broadway's 10:30 am service. I absolutely love it! The kids are great, the worship is fun and I look forward to the relationships I get to build each week.



Well this week was extra, extra special! A girl in my class brought FIVE friends to church with her. (Thank you Lord for sleepovers!) Well one girl asked 'How do we know there really is a God?' and after I got done explaining that the rest of the visitors started asking questions. 'Is God a 'he' or a 'she'? 'What does God look like?' 'When did God come into existence?' 'How could God always be there, He had to have appeared somehow.' 'How was the first human being made?' 'What about evolution or the big bang theory?'

Ummmm, WOW! How can 4th and 5th graders be asking such deep questions? I began to see where this was going so we all went and sat in the corner and talked.

And then came the BIG stuff...'If someone believes in God but does lots of bad stuff, do they go to hell?' 'If someone is a pedophile (I'm not joking, they actually knew what that was) and accepts Jesus in their heart but still continues to do all that bad stuff will they still go to heaven?' 'Once saved, always saved?'

After answering these questions to the best of my ability it left an amazing opening into the gospel message. Four out of the Five visitors accepted Jesus into their heart!!!!! How awesome is that?!

I'm planning on following up with each one and getting them a Bible sometime this week. You can be praying for me about that.

Wow! What an exhilarating rush! God is so good!







2 comments:

Dionna said...

Oh, Alisha. That is so wonderful! What an amazing experience that must have been for you! I'm so glad you were there for those girls that morning.

Angela said...

That is so amazing! I am so glad that you had that opportunity! I will be praying for those girls!