Rouding the Corner to 1 Year Old!

Lately, it has really hit me how old my baby is getting. He is 8 months old! That means in four short months he is gong to be ONE YEAR OLD! What?! How did that happen? He is not a baby anymore. It's amazing how fast time goes. When I was pregnant, I remember thinking that it was taking FOREVER for him to get here. Time was going so slow. But now, time races by without me knowing. Before I know it he's going to be graduating. Ho hum.

I have also been thinking a lot about parenting lately. It seems like such a daunting task. There is so much I want to teach him, and I'm afraid I'll miss something. Even simple things like language. I'm afraid that I won't teach him soon enough or good enough. I want to give him that edge where when he starts school he'll be ahead of everyone else. I'm afraid that I'm not smart enough or organized enough or whatever to give him the best there is. I'm sure it doesn't help that my three year old next door neighbor is a GENIUS and has been that way since he was Trey's age! I know most kids aren't like that, but I wouldn't it be awesome if Trey was? I know that it has a lot to do with the child. I believe he is extremly gifted. But I also know it has a lot to do with parenting. His parents work with him constantly. Always introducing him to new things and making learning fun. I really hope I can provide that for my kids.
Anyway...on a not so serious note, here are some pictures I took of Trey in his cute Sunday outfit!


Kimberly said...

I was just thinking while reading your post how you've already done such a WONDERFUL job with Trey. Think about all the hard work you've put into these last 8 months. The next few years will be be a wonderful time and God will bless your efforts. It doesn't hurt to have a great neighbor to get ideas from, too! :)

Jen said...

it is a daunting task isn't it. when to push, how hard to push, when to just let them be kids. i wish there were an instruction manual. he looks pretty happy though and that is the most important thing.

SPARKY said...

it really is crazy that he's almost a year old. it's work, but i thank god every day for the privaledge of raising these beautiful kids. keep it up!
side'd you get your blog to look like that?

SPARKY said...

i think putting pressure on ourselves to educate can be stressful. it's overrated. dave ramsey says 15% of our ability to be successful comes from education. the other 85% is mostly our integrity, work ethic, character, things like that. focus on raising him to be a godly man, to love God passionately and to have strong conviction. you're the driving force behind his spiritual growth. help him to be teachable and to be able to submitted himeself to the holy spirit. those things will get him so much further than any grade or diploma.
you're a great mom. you've got good support. just keep it moving forward.

chrisanna said...

What a doll baby! You're right, parenting is such a huge responsibility. Thankfully God allows us to make mistakes. We are all learning. It's a never ending process. I think you're a great mom!

Sue said...

Ok, for the record, you do a fabulous job with Trey! He is such a sweet little guy. Every time I come over he greets me with his beautiful smile. I love it! And, Stephanie is right, education is overrated. Yes it's important, but it more important to me that Bryce learns how to be kind to his sister than that he can spell his name. Bryce's brain is very teachable, but whats more important is that his heart is teachable (we're still working on that haha) Love you! You are a fantastic Mama!